- March 26, 1965 – Reported being in a car wreck and had headaches; scratches on face.
- September 26, 1965 – Bought a 1933 Plymouth Coupe.
- April 1966 – Sold his Plymouth and bought a ’58 VW bug.
- 1968 – Often borrowed Mrs. Ferris’ car.
- Fall 1969 – Attended a traffic school for bad driving record.
- In 1972 he met Sandy Gwinn while working at H.V.H. Mental Health Center and they started an affair. She claimed he was prone to borrowing her car without permission.
- 1973 – Bought his 1968 VW bug.
- March 1973 – Arrested for outstanding traffic warrants. At this period, Liz’s car was stolen and she suspected Ted.
- August 24, 1973 – Wrecked Liz’s car in the University District, colliding with SPD Officer Steve Butler’s car, doing about $25.00 worth of damage to both vehicle.
- December 02, 1973 – Car repaired at Freeway V.W. Set points and fix gas leak.
- August 16, 1975 – Pulled over by Patrol Sergeant Bob
. He attempted to duck down but then took off and ran two or three stop signs.
- October 3, 1975 – Sold his 1968 VW bug.
- December 1975/February 1976 – Drove 2 different VWs, belonging to friends.
- June 13, 1977 – Stole a 1966 Blue Cadillac in the Aspen area.
- February 6, 1978 – Stole FSU Media Center white van, Tallahassee.
- February 10, 1978 – Stole a green Toyota, Tallahassee.
- February 12, 1978 – Stole a white Mazda but the front end shimmied at speeds more than 45 miles per hour. He abandoned the car and went looking for another one. He then stole a blue 1969 VW bug. After driving around for a while in that car, he parked it and started prowling again. He finally found the 1972 orange VW bug, which would be the car he was arrested in.
- He also owned a white Ford pickup truck, up until November/December 1975.